August 22, 2018
Clear Automation is a progressive and growing company located in Southington, CT that is leveraging leading edge technology to develop new solutions for complex industrial automation challenges. The company designs and builds both traditional automation equipment and revolutionary, dynamic, flexible robotic machinery. Several of the largest global consumer products companies in the world rely on Clear Automation to develop innovative robotic solutions incorporating the most technologically advanced machine vision, conveying systems, and robotic systems in the industry. Fanuc, the world’s largest industrial robot manufacturer, recently recognized the company’s creativity and technological capabilities by naming it a finalist for its 2018 ASI Innovative System of the Year in America https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7PIgpHYZmA
Reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Manager, the CNC Programmer/Machinist will be primarily responsible for all programming of the HAAS CNC milling machines. This is a hands-on programming position which includes machine operation and production. A minimum of three years’ experience in a job shop environment is required. Clear Automation’s primary programming tool is Mastercam. The CNC P/M should have a thorough working knowledge of Mastercam software as well as the ability to do one up programming and prototype work. The CNC P/M must be able to program for multiple machines and operators as well as prioritize work based on available deadlines. A working knowledge of HAAS CNC machines is helpful. Programmer will be responsible for requesting necessary materials and/or tooling required for each assignment and shall examine all manufactured parts for correctness and keep a complete record of all issues. In addition, they may assist in establishing a basic inventory of stock material and assign personnel to see that those minimums are maintained. The CNC P/M will establish a supplies list and assign personnel to ensure that supplies are at adequate levels while also ensuring that all stock is charged properly to each assigned part. At times, this position may be required to assemble machine components to ensure proper operation of all parts. This will be assigned on a job by job basis. The CNC P/R shall work closely with Operations Manager in order to maintain all production schedules.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available and anticipating needed.
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches, calculating requirements (including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry), proving part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, and milling operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting issues to management.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- High School diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Certificate or diploma in engineering is an advantage.
- 3+ years’ experience as a CNC Machine Operator.
- 2+ years of Mastercam Software experience
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering drawings.
- Good computer skills with a basic understanding of programming and CAD/CAM
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
- Strong comprehension and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team driven environment.
- Full time, hourly position. (Hourly rate based on experience & qualifications).
- Typical office hours- with some flexibility.
- 9-Paid holidays.
- 3-Weeks PTO.
- Competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and life insurance. 401k.
Please submit your resume and an explanation of your background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.