January 1, 2019
Senior Controls Engineer
Clear Automation is a progressive and growing company located in Southington, CT that is leveraging leading edge technology to develop new solutions for complex industrial automation challenges. The company designs and builds both traditional automation equipment and revolutionary, dynamic, flexible robotic machinery. Several of the largest global consumer products companies in the world rely on Clear Automation to develop innovative robotic solutions incorporating the most technologically advanced machine vision, conveying systems, and robotic systems in the industry. Fanuc, the world’s largest industrial robot manufacturer, recently recognized the company’s creativity and technological capabilities by naming it a finalist for its 2018 ASI Innovative System of the Year in America https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7PIgpHYZmA
- Develop and document the controls architecture for large multiple-module systems
- Research and specify key components and sub-systems
- Create schematics, flow diagrams and panel layouts using components as specified by customers’ approved vendor list
- Perform safety risk analyses when appropriate
- Participate in internal and customer design reviews
- Create bills of materials and organize release packages
- Program complex automation tasks using primarily Ladder Logic, Structured Text where appropriate.
- Program HMI screens with multiple access levels
- Program robots, vision systems and other peripheral devices
- Support electricians during the build phase as related to design, wiring, codes and customer specifications
- Support the debug and FAT phases
- Support the installation crew, travelling to the customer site if required.
- Support the generation of user manuals as required.
- Bachelors degree in a controls-related engineering discipline required or 10 years related experience
- Automation experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of electrical system regulations including NEC, CE, UL, and other
- Proficiency with generating schematics using EPLAN or AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficiency with Programmable Logic Controllers (CompactLogix preferred; B&R, Seimens, Omron a plus)
- Proficiency with HMI development tools (Factory Talk Studio preferred)
- Proficiency with Variable Frequency Drives, servo motor controls and tuning
- Proficiency with industrial robots (FANUC and/or ABB preferred)
- Familiarity with industrial vision systems (Keyence and/or Cognex preferred)
- Experience with Ethernet I/P networks (Industry 4.0 experience a plus)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word,
- Ability to multi-task, requiring strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, and work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to occasionally travel to vendor or customer facilities both foreign & domestic.
- Estimated travel between 10-25%
- Full time, salaried position. (Salary based on experience & qualifications).
- Typical office hours – with some flexibility.
- 9-Paid holidays.
- 3-Weeks PTO.
- Competitive compensation package, including dental, medical, and life insurance. 401k.
Please submit your resume and an explanation of your background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.