September 1, 2018
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Clear Automation is a progressive and growing company located in Southington, CT that is leveraging leading edge technology to develop new solutions for complex industrial automation challenges. The company designs and builds both traditional automation equipment and revolutionary, dynamic, flexible robotic machinery. Several of the largest global consumer products companies in the world rely on Clear Automation to develop innovative robotic solutions incorporating the most technologically advanced machine vision, conveying systems, and robotic systems in the industry. Fanuc, the world’s largest industrial robot manufacturer, recently recognized the company’s creativity and technological capabilities by naming it a finalist for its 2018 ASI Innovative System of the Year in America https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7PIgpHYZmA
- Reports to the Manager of Project Management.
- Works across all levels of the organization in a dynamic, fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
Working with and taking direction from, the COO as well as the SR Project Manager, the Project Manager will perform the following duties:
- Act as centralized contact for all project resources and for all client personnel.
- Function within a structured project management process- employing PMI best practices.
- Function as a liaison between Clear Automation and our customers, ensuring that all project deliverables are satisfied to a high standard of quality, while ensuring that the actual deliverables are kept within the scope of the project.
- Become intimately familiar with the customers machine specification and our proposal.
- Identify & resolve possible discrepancies between the machine specification & proposal, (including our customer and our Sales/Applications department in the resolution).
- Complete “Project Charters” during the “Project Initiation” phase, (for internal & customer use).
- Determine departmental resource requirements and availability.
- Create & maintain detailed project schedules.
- Create “Work Breakdown Structures” to communicate weekly project task.
- Participate and approve all engineering and technical designs.
- Conduct daily “Gemba Walks” to monitor project task execution.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
- Conduct weekly Project Review Meetings with our customers, vendors, & project team.
- Manage customers expectations, and prevent “Scope Creep”.
- Adequately and expeditiously communicate and document any project exceptions to scope, timing, or pricing and generate change orders to document them.
- Monitor and control project spending.
- Manage project execution to proposed timeline.
- Identify and manage technical, schedule, and budget risks.
- Obtain requirements for FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ, or other validations, as applicable.
- Determine & communicate customer product requirements during machine test phase.
- Schedule formal (weekly) machine performance testing, and communicate results with customer.
- Manage technical writer in the generation of User Manuals.
- Approve and manage all projects expenses.
- Create & present “Project Close Out Reports”
- Evaluate and nurture client needs for further project opportunities.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in machine design/systems design.
- Must have advanced core skills in SolidWorks 2017
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Previous experience working in the automation industry (a plus).
- Must have knowledge and experience with the application of robots and vision systems (including lighting, lensing, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with ergonomics practices.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and respective ISO standards.
- Experience with generating specifications, purchasing, and qualifications of equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft Products.
- Experience with Google Suite (a plus)
- Full time, salaried position. (Salary based on experience & qualifications).
- Typical office hours- with some flexibility.
- 9-Paid holidays.
- 3-Weeks PTO.
- Competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and life insurance. 401k
Please submit your resume and an explanation of your background and experience to email@example.com.